Saturday, August 08, 2009

yew nork

Uh so it's four AM. Clang cling union pool is closing and jason told the bouncer with the teeth not to get any funny ideas. Like kicking me out. Golden ponies. Jesus Clark rolled in from the commonwealth at 1:30, grabbed simon, myself & a Jameson and we moved my earthly possessions into a charming house on huron street. It was dark and quiet, a couple was asleep on the couch, we felt like ninjas because 20 minutes later we were back on the dance floor. The story of how I got my job is similarly magical, especially to the naked eye. I have yet to interview but I am dehydrating, blending, chopping, tasting the best raw food in my life thus far. Alongside none other than Bell, an old tea house colleague. I couldn't ask for more because if I did I'd be a glutton. I am still spinning at how huge and easy and fun and rediculous this move has been. My whole world has changed, but its like stepping into a new skin that has always been me. I'm on a ride, folks, I'm just showing up and paying attention and telling the truth and trying not to attach myself to the outcome. Smiling and sittin' pretty. Its hard to swallow blessings this huge. But I do because it means this was all given to me. I am a steward of the universal order, also just a fly in the web. I'm a small town girl and this is one, too, believe it or not. Yew Nork is a rich, rich place. I do believe in magic, living it.

No comments: